Pain in the ankle

Feeling lot of pain in the ankle if I walk for certain distance since four months. we had a treatment from our local doctor but the pain is not cured. So may I know the specialist who can solve my problem. I am staying in mancherial, adilabad,Telangana. So please let me know if there are any specialists available nearby my location. Thank you

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain in the ankle

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. P.V.S.Ganesh Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
pain in ankle after walking can be caused by common ankle sprain or ankle joint arthritis. it is advisable to get an x ray for ankle and foot . if there is any degeneration of bone at the ankle ,you need to use a brace support for ankle joint for few weeks along with physiotherapy for few days to promote blood circulation to the joint. there are some gels, sprays to be applied in physiotherapy treatment to relieve the pain. so , don't worry,do consult a senior physiotherapist nearby to get an x ray and advice regarding precautions and treatment
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.. ..... The most common cause of ankle pain is a sprained ankle. But there are a number of other less common causes also.... Use elastic bandage to wrap your ankle....Wear brace to support your ankle....Use crutches, if needed....Elevate your foot with pillows while resting or sleeping. This will help reduce swelling.... Consider anti inflammatory medications.... Consult Physician.....