Pain in shoulders & back
Since 4-5 days I am having severe pain in may shoulders. I sit for long hours in office but it never caused me so much pain. I have not lifted any heavy stuff as well. Its not even helping by proper sleeping. Can you please suggest what to do?

Dr. Ajay Rao
Joint Replacement Surgeon 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, shoulder pain can be due to problems in and around the shoulder or in the neck. Localized pain can be due to bursitis, impingement, calcification tendinitis etc. If there is any nerve impingement in the neck then it can radiate to the shoulder. You can try giving some hot fomentation, applying a gel and some painkillers. Do visit an Orthopaedic surgeon when you can.