Pain in right leg
Respected doctor, From past eight years I have been suffering from cervical lumbar spondylitis. From past three years I have experienced severe pain in my thighs. But from past one month I have experienced excessive pain in my right leg. I'm getting a lot of pain when I walk or sleep. The pain is unbearable . My doctor said it might be due to weak muscles . He then prescribed me GABAPIN NT , after taking which the pain has become severe. Please tell me what could be my main problem and how early I can walk normally. The reports that I have attached were taken in 2009 at the age of 42 .I even have another doubt , does prolonged use of nervz capsule lead to thyroid problem Yours sincerely, Thank you

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

You need to 1. CONSULT A Neurosurgeon 2. Undergo Clinical examination 3. Repeat MRI if the Neurosurgeon wants And Thus determine the nature and extent of problem at present Then we can chart out further course of treatment
Dr. M. Kodeeswaran
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai
As per your report you have narrowing of your nerve passage in the lumbar spine..that will lead to back pain and leg pain..gabapin nt will reduce your nerve pain and it will not increase it..or you May need some dose adjustment..After pain has come down you should start muscle strengthening exercises..get a review with a neurosurgeon and follow his advice
Dr. Kishor Reddy-PT
Physiotherapist 12 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi I have checked the reports. You have problem at L2 disc so consult physiotherapist near by and take suggestion from him.R else go for muscle strengthen exercises, use lumbo sacral belt for support and traction for back.