Pain in right jaw joints

Hi, Recently I am having problem with jaw joints. Whenver I yawn or try to open my mouth wide I am having pain in my right jaw joint, earlier it was severely paifull but seems like body has adapted it and at the moment I dont have much pain but still I hear cracking voices...please advice?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in right jaw joints

Dr. Bhushan Bangar Pune | Prosthodontist
Pain in joint while opening and closing of jaw and clicking sound are typical symptoms of perticular temporomandibular joint. It may be one side or both sides. Reason for this problem are many. After thorough clinical and radiographic or ct scan of joint gives perfect diagnosis. Second point that body has adopted the pain because joint bone get wear out over the period of time. Reason for clicking sound is skull bone and lower jaw bone get friction over each other because of loss of fluid present in between these two bone. Fluid gives cushioning effect to joint and prevent two bones to come in direct contact while opening and closing lower jaw. Consult to dentist and get further information and treatment.

Dr Bhushan Bangar, Prosthodontist, Vimannagar, PUNE.