Pain in right heel& ankle

My mom is chief, she has to work standing for 8 - 10 hrs a day, she is having unbearable pain in right heel & ankle, Is it serious problem? Plz suggest any home remedy for temporary relief. Thank you in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in right heel& ankle

Dr. Mangesh Darekar Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
Prolonged standing can give rise to a condition called plantar fascitis. I would suggest a soft sole footwear at home and at workplace. Also some stretching exercises for the feet are useful. Hot and cold fomentation done alternatively also helps. In some instances there may be a bony spur on heel bone (calcaneum), albeit the treatment remains more or less the same.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,her weight should be considered in this case ,as heavyweight puts more pressure on the knee joint . If she has only one sided heel and ankle problem it could be due to trauma. Ligament sprain , tendon tear, of bone fracture can also cause pain.At home she needs to follow the RICE treatment (rest, ice, compression, and elevation). Over-the-counter pain medication can also be used to alleviate pain and reduce inflammation.