Pain in lower back

Mild pain started in Lower back close to tail bone and then gradually settled around scrotum. more so when sitting I do not get up in the night, even if i do only once. More then five years back two polyps were removed from the intestines. mild pain is persisting. Till now no problem in Passing stool GALLBLADDER REMOVED IN 2004 I am 78 years old, walk for an hour in the morning or go for a swim. BP under control with NEBISTAR -H 120/80 DIABETIC FROM 2007 ON ESMET 500 TWICE A DAY. i ALSO HAVE SLIGHTLY ENLARGED PROSTRATE. VERICOSE VAIN IN THE RIGHT LEG BELOW THE KNEE CLOSER TO THE ANKLE.

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain in lower back

Hi, please tell me your body weight and height? And one more things, are you started breathing exercise? Have you any previous history of lumber puncture? Give me above given questions and then i tell you proper exercises or managements. Thank you.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Most probable reason of lower back pain is spine disc herniation. Especially if the pain radiates to the leg and travels through buttock...If you have also frequent urinating, burning while urinating, kidney infection can give back pain as well...For spine diagnostics, MRI is necessary...Ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working or sitting or walking....Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water...Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight...Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down....Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement...take over the counter pain medications.. Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi... You may be able to avoid back pain or prevent its recurrence by improving your physical condition and learning and practicing proper body mechanics... Use proper body mechanics: Stand smart. Maintain a neutral pelvic position. If you must stand for long periods, place one foot on a low footstool to take some of the load off your lower back. Alternate feet. Good posture can reduce the stress on back muscles. Sit smart. Choose a seat with good lower back support, armrests and a swivel base. Consider placing a pillow or rolled towel in the small of your back to maintain its normal curve. Keep your knees and hips level. Change your position frequently, at least every half-hour.