Pain during Jaw movement
I experience mild pain during my jaw movement. If I concentrate on the area which is giving me and I repeat the action of closing and opening my mouth, pain gradually reduces. It again pains a lot when suddenly tried to open or close after a period of time.

Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 15 yrs exp Gurgaon

It could be due to unbalanced occlusion or biting problem. .sometimes excessive clenching or night grinding which is a unconscious habit also leads to such problems. .take a muscle relaxant for 3 days twice daily..exact cause can be found only after a detailed clinical examination. .
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Implantologist 18 yrs exp Bangalore

Its a good holistic approach, body produces sufficient amount of endorphins to alleviate pain. But if there is persistent pain, its best to rule out associated problem with proper clinical examination by a dentist.
proper clinical examination and if required an OPG x-ray.
If the pain is arising from the joints (TMJ) best to restrict mouth opening and continue with jaw excercises as long as possible.
Dr. Yatharth Bhatia
Dentist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon
In your case a detailed clinical examination and x rays are required to diagnose. For start warm Salt water rinses of the painful area 3-4 times a day along with a muscle relaxant twice daily might solve your problem If the problem persist beyond 3-4 days after doing the above mentioned , then kindly see a dentist in person.