Pain at back side of head

My son is having pain at the back side of his head and he even cries. This happen only sometimes and all of a sudden. Normally he is fine and does all well. when he was 7 - 8 months, I observed a small ganth/lump at the back side of his head and told about this to our Doctor, but he said it is normal and it will disappear in some days. But it is still there. My child does not like and does not want us to touch at the back side of his head. Is the pain related to this ganth/lump. What must I do? Please guide me. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain at back side of head

Dear Sir The Child Needs Clinical Examination Please consult a Neurosurgeon at the earliest
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, it is difficult to tell what is that lump actually, is that abscess or developmental anomaly or some other cause?, since your baby is not allowing to touch the lump then that could be the cause of pain, he needs to be examined please consult a pediatric surgeon.