Over weight problem

I am over weight .And as a youngster i t feel very embarrassed. So I recently joined GYM.please give me suggestions to get fit in 2-3 months or in shortest time.if I can loose upto 15 kg,it will be best for me. PLEASE also suggest a simple Nd convinent diet (breakfast, lunch,dinner).pls make sure not to suggest any complex item. I will be very thankful to you if u make a easy diet plan for me...Nd some gym tips.

Doctor Answers (1) on Over weight problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losingt too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.