Over weight

Hi  my weight is around 83 kg, 3 years back I had small accident, so now wen I tried to do exercise I am getting little pain, I am not interested with artificial diagnosis which means lipo or laser , what I should do to loss fat, also to which doctor should I consult

Doctor Answers (1) on Over weight

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician

There are four keys to controlling fat: exercise, diet, sleep, and stress management.

1. Exercise: Vigorous exercise trims all your fat, including visceral fat.

Get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Walking counts, as long as it's brisk enough that you work up a sweat and breathe harder, with your heart rate faster than usual.

To get the same results in half the time, step up your pace and get vigorous exercise -- like jogging or walking. You'd need to do that for 20 minutes a day, 4 days a week
Diet: There is no magic diet for belly fat. But when you lose weight on any diet, belly fat usually goes first.

3. SleepGetting the right amount of shut-eye helps. In one study, people who got 6 to 7 hours of sleep per night gained less visceral fat over 5 years compared to those who slept 5 or fewer hours per night or 8 or more hours per night. Sleep may not have been the only thing that mattered -- but it was part of the picture.

4. Stress: Everyone has stress. How you handle it matters. The best things you can do include relaxing with friends and family, meditating, exercises to blow off steam, and getting counseling. That leaves you healthier and better prepared to make good choices for yourself.
Consult Dietitian...