Optimum diet

I am 83kgs in wt with a heigh of 5'10". I want to loose some weight. As diabetes run in my family, so m under a high risk of acquiring it. Though my sugar intake is very less, but even then, can u suggest me an optimum diet,so that i can loose some weight.

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Pune

Yes definitely overweight can lead towards more risk of diabetes. I can help withv4-5 KGS weight loss in month. U require

Hello.. First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of proteins...so best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or subzi...you need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....you can also include green tea...it will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best.... thank you