Open Wound - No Bandage
Hi Doctor, I got a scratch by an iron mesh, which bled for 5 minutes and seemed to heal within minutes. I then visited Nahan, a hill station in Himachal Pradesh, for two days for a wedding. I did not apply any band-aid or any other bandage on it. Am I at risk for any infection? I consulted my GP when I got the scratch and he told me my tetanus immunisation was up to date.

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 12 yrs exp Delhi

I would advise you to put T-Bact cream on the wound and it will heal immediately. Also avoid touching water with it
Dr. Satish Kumar Gadi (Lt Col)
General Physician 40 yrs exp Gurgaon

For minor wounds there is no need for tetanus vaccination if you have already been vaccinated in the last five years.. For scratch there is no problem if you leave the sound open.