Cut by iron mesh

Doctor I just got a small (2-3 cm) on my right hand from a *heavily rusted iron mesh holding a flower bouquet*. It bled for about half a minute and I washed it with plain water. My last tetanus shot was in May 2013. Should I get another one? Thank you.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You can get a tetanus shot for now. Apply metrogyl ointment over the wound. Tab. Zenflox plus 200 twice a day for 3 days and tab. Lyser-d twice a day for 3 days should be helpful. Take good care of the wound. Kindly consult a general physician in person if there is any problem. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Physician 11 yrs exp Delhi

Kindly get the shot and also take some antibiotics as your blood was exposed. Take some antiinflammatories as well and keep the wound aaway from water. It's rainy season and wounds tend to get pus etc. Play safe