Open bite ..

I hv an open bite not very severe , which is actually noticed by my family members. I wanted to knw if getting braces is d only solution fr it? Evn if dats d only solution ; tooth extraction is gud or slicing ? I hv consulted the orthodontist n few of dem r suggesting to go fr extraction n few fr slicing!confusedsoul:(

Doctor Answers (1) on Open bite ..

Dr. Simran Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
ortho treatment is the only treatment for open bite but definitely it can be with removable plates or fixed braces treatment. as you have already consulted the orthodontist and they have suggested you for braces then that is only the treatment. extraction and slicing depends upon the space which is required to take your teeth back. every orthodontist have there own treatment plan so some might require only small space to correct that and some might require more. slicing provides every minimal space (around 1-2mm only). so I'll suggest you to go for the treatment with the orthodontist whom you can trust and follow his treatment plan only.