Obsessive behaviour

I was in a very serious relationship with a guy for 9 years. we were living together for 7 years. just like any other couples we also had our share of problems & disagreements. last December, just short of 20 days for our 9th anniversary, the guy broke up with me because he felt that he would completely lose me because of all our problems. we broke up. time passed by and I got to know that he was dating some other girl. but his relationship did not last for over 2 months. I have Moved out of blor now. but my ex has turned completely crazy. he Cries all day, doesn't eat properly, has gone broke, keeps talking to himself thinking he is talking to me, keeps using the particular language we both used to talk in. I recently got to know about his mental state and as a human, I am really worried for him. he keeps pinging me on Watsapp and I have to reply inspite of not wanting to talk. I feel he is in serious medical Depression. what to do? please suggest. I am Really seriously worried 4 him.

Doctor Answers (4) on Obsessive behaviour

Dr. R K Suri Delhi | Clinical Psychologist
Your problem is curable, consult psychologist for treatment of your problems
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I appreciate your concern towards your ex boyfriend. Do u still like him??!! Or u r waiting for him to ask sorry for those past behaviours and u still wanted to give him.a  chance? ???
What is your plan for your life??!!
How r u moving on?!!
Fix an appointment for him.with a counsellor and ask him to share his feelings so that he will resolve his problems and come out of this bad phase of his life.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, from what you have written he seems to be having either Major Depression with Psychotic features or Psychosis. Both these diagnosis are not to be taken lightly. Please get some relative or friend of his to take him to a Psychiatrist. He needs medication and after he stabilizes he will need counseling. Hope this helps, All the Best!
Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani Vadodara | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I completely understand your situation and how you have to reply to his messages even though you don't want to. I suggest you would have to stop replying and giving him any hopes because otheriwse he will not be able to come out of his depression or lonliness. If you want to help him, do it indirectly, maybe through some common friends or his family members but please do not get involved yourself. Ask his friends to take him for a vacation and spend more time with him. If problem persists, ask his friends or family to take him to a psychologist in your area. Take Care