Not interested in studies

My son is crying when i start asking him to study and very impatient. I dont know how to make him interested and also to be patience to learn new things due to which he is not able to do anything properly and wil not give a try also

Doctor Answers (2) on Not interested in studies

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Each child is different & special in his own way. I believe that your son has attended & passed the preschool as for now. As other doctor has mentioned children might not take keen interest in reading or studying all of a sudden however if he gets impatient & starts crying when asked to study, you need to find out what exactly is happening at his end. Be patient with him, watch his actions & emotions thoroughly and see if it's a difficulty for him to study in some way or lack of interest. He would express in his own way if you pay attention. In either cases he can be helped to adapt to expectations after recognizing his strengths & weaknesses. Consult a child psychologist in case you find it difficult to know the reason or to manage it.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
hello,First, you need to start incorporating books into the lives of your children from a very young age. Even before your child can understand what you’re saying, you should read picture books and describe what is going on. This may seem pointless, but studies have shown that it will lead to a more eloquent and verbose child. As the child gets older, start reading more complex books. Don’t worry about getting out of his or her reading level. Although it my not improve your child’s reading skills, it will help develop his or her level of understanding. Make the library into a fun outing for you and your kids. Go once or twice a week to get new books, and encourage your kids to finish the books before the next outing so that they can exchange the books for other ones. Most libraries offer some summer programs where the kids log their books and receive rewards. If you feel your kids have a real passion for reading then this is a great way to get free ice cream every once in a while. Otherwise you should skip these programs, since they have the potential to make reading into something that is done simply for the prize at the end. don't pressurize your child for anything. make learning fun.