Not getting conceived

-- 
We are trying for a baby since last 3 months.In first month my wife cycle was extended to 34 days.But next two month was normal.What may be the problem? Weather we have to consult a doctor or have to try more? Is it better to under go checkup myself first?
views-icons 94 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Not getting conceived

Hi
A simple seman analysis will be a good decision to rule out any possible causes from your side.
If it is normal  you can carry on as Dr neelima has suggested
all the best
Thank you for your question.
I would like to suggest that three months is too short a period to judge your ability to conceive naturally. Young fertile couples have a greater than 90% chance of conceiving within two years from when they start trying. Provided you are both fit and healthy with no medication and regular cycles, you can expect a similar conception rate. You have every chance of a natural conception with a healthy lifestyle and regular ( not timed) intercourse every other day.
However, if you are still concerned or would like a check up to reassure yourself you may see a gynaecologist who can examine you and suggest appropriate tests. You should be taking folic acid which is an essential vitamin that helps the baby's neural tract development to be normal.
Best wishes