I am not able to sleep properly from 4 months not more then 3 hours. I feel very tired and not able to concentrate on anything. I also consult a doctor. Doctor told me i have a anxiety problem..and start medicine for 2 months. But after that the problem still persist. I am very much worried.
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
If anxiety problem is sever enough to disrupt your sleep I don't think any secondary measures will do ... kindly consult a psychiatrist because these disorders needs a proper evaluation by interview and councillors to get you educated about the illness and it's impact treatment duration ect...
Along with medications also try Sleep Hygiene.
1. Sleep at a regular time.
2. Avoid tea, coffee, smoke and alcohol at night
3. Have dinner early. Don't eat late
4. Avoid exercise or TV an hour before u sleep.
5. If u don't fall asleep wen in bed, don't lie awake. Get up do some other activity like reading book, listening music etc.
6. U can have a glass of milk, it contains tryptophan natural sleeping pill.
7. Avoid sleeping during daytime for long hours. U can have power naps of 15-20 mins. They are refreshing.
Do breathing exercises in the morning wen u get up from sleep...
If above tips doesn't help, consult a Psychiatrist for detail evaluation of ur complaints. Tk CR.
You have to take long time medicines, SSRI and benzodiazepines for 6 months. Consult another Psychiatrist
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Googling your symptons online?
The internet is not a doctor and neither are you. Chat with a real doctor about your health.