No feelings while closure

We have been in relationship for quite a time now. She has been complaining that she doesn't feels anything whenever we get close/we touch each other. However I don't face the similar problems. I feel active whenever we get close. She had an ugly past as she was assaulted by her ex. She went with the flow of youngsters way of forgetting the pain, heavy amount of alcohol and cigarettes; but not more than that. Being 25, I took some harsh steps to recover her from that trauma. It took a quite long time for me to pull her out of that trauma. She is emotionally strong and she is scared that if she can't enjoy the same, she might spoil our future as well. She eats only non-veg. Practically zero intake of veggies. Can anyone suggest me what to do in this situation? Being a girl she is also shy to visit a doctor. And I will look forward for a natural way (primarily; because she is quite young for those medicines I believe) in which she can be stabilized.

Doctor Answers (1) on No feelings while closure

Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
It is true that all our life experiences, exposures, upbringing, etc keeps shaping and modifying our perceptions, feelings and behavior all the time including our coping techniques. In your girl friend's case I understand the sensitivity of the issue and why she doesn't want to see a professional. It is important that she feels her emotions and her behaviours or fears / anxieties are first fully acknowledged and appreciated in the context of whatever she has been through. This acknowledgement is likely to make her comfortable with you and help her to overcome her anxieties. You can encourage her to practice good lifestyle like yoga, meditation, relaxation, good sleep hygiene, healthy eating and practicing structured routine consistently etc. If things are not getting better then professional help is strongly advised. Regards