Nasal Polyps
Hi I am suffering from nasal polyps for past two years. My right nose is most affected. It's getting worse when I drink hot drinks.And I am not interested in doing surgery for time being. I am using otrivin nasal spray for temporary relief.Please suggest me a permanent solution for my problem doctor.
828 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harisha N L
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Your ENT specialist is likely to prescribe a corticosteroid nasal spray to reduce inflammation. This treatment may shrink the polyps or eliminate them completely...other drugs to treat conditions that contribute to chronic inflammation in your sinuses or nasal passages. These may include antihistamines to treat allergies and antibiotics to treat a chronic or recurring infection. Aspirin desensitization and treatment may benefit some patients with nasal polyps and aspirin sensitivity...if no improvements with above surgery is the option...Consult nearest ent surgeon they will do the needful.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Nasal endoscopy surgery Nasal spray for rhinitis Nasal pain on one side
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.