Nasal polyp

I am suffering from the case of nasal polyp and theyalways occur at night. I use otrivin nasal spray for it as it helps in a great way but right now i am out of nasal spray and the polyp is causing a blockage and im not able to sleep. What can I do right now so that my nasal passage opens?

Doctor Answers (1) on Nasal polyp

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
If drug treatment doesn't shrink or eliminate nasal polyps, you may need endoscopic surgery to remove polyps and to correct problems with your sinuses that make them prone to inflammation and polyp development... Your surgeon may also enlarge the openings leading from your sinuses to your nasal passages. Endoscopic surgery is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. After surgery, you'll likely use a corticosteroid nasal spray to help prevent the recurrence of nasal polyps. Your doctor may also recommend the use of a saltwater (saline) rinse to promote healing after surgery..Consult Ent surgeon...