My wife may have psychological problem
My wife over-reacts on small and common family concerns. While she is angry, she gets so hyper that she threat for die and kill her kids on every small family issue. If somebody discussing any concern, she thinks that they are discussing about her. Then not ready to understand what the other person trying to tell. Sometime rush towards kids just like to kill them even on matters which generally the kids do at the age of 3-5 years.

Consult psychiatrist for treatment. Along with this consult  a psychologist for counselling sessions which may change her thoughts and behaviour .Family counselling also may be needes.