Mouth getting dry

I usually take lot of water.but still my tongue getting dry after taking 10 to 15 minutes.. And then white layer is forming Is there any treatment for this?

Doctor Answers (5) on Mouth getting dry

Dry mouth is condition when saliva is not produced .It is due various condition. Most comman is some due stress and anxiety. Some people take medication which reduces saliva. You need get check from some dentist or any other doctor to make diagnoses. White layer form due lack of saliva. Saliva washes out white layer. So calm down nothing to worry.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
What according to you is "a lot" of water???? 6 to 8 litres of water per day should be consumed by a person of your age and gender, and maybe more if the level of physical activity in your daily life is more..... other than that, you definitely need a proper clinical examination by a dentist to evaluate other causes of dry mouth..... the right treatment can be advised after the right diagnosis has been made....
Regards....
Hello, you need to visit a dentist as the reason for your dryness should be diagnosed. They will also put you on some saliva substitutes/lozenges/medicines to counter the dryness,depending on the severity. Regards Dr Suman Makam
It could be due to stress. .or diabetes etc.  What soever is the reason it should be treated first. .pls consult the physician.  From dental point of view you can take lozenges, wet fast mouthwash. . And saliva producing substitutes. .keep the mouth moist by drinking water frequently . .rest you must go for clinical examination with the dentist. .Regards
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Form your description it looks like you could be suffering from oral candidiasis. But you will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations to confirm it. Also the dryness could be due to dehydration or diabetes. So kindly consult a general physician for further evaluation.