Mood swing,sucidal though
Hi, I'm an engineer and I work in an IT industries in night shift for a period of 3months. Now a days I have lost my appetite and consume food for only one time a day,also I have severe mood swing that I can feel and suicidal thoughts come to me when I'm alone. I sleep around 10-12 hours a day and still feel sleepy and lost interest in my work...what's happening to me.. Am I getting some mental disorder... I used to have storks when I was little and came out off it,will this disorder again cause me stroke?

Dr. Varalakshmi
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Chennai

Sleep disturbance perse can be part of your change in work shift timings .suicidal thought s and inability yo concentrate point towards depression which has to be evaluated by a psychiatrist .details about childhood episodes not clear