Mild pain above rectum

Since two three days, I'm having a certain pain in the area just above my rectum. It is severe when movie about on the bed or while walking in a brisk pace. There's nothing I can feel on the area, the pain is felt when I put pressure on that particular area. Is this some sort of inflammation? Or something else. What sort of a doctor would be recommended for an early examination?
views-icons 49 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Mild pain above rectum

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... This can happen due to fissures or fistulas in the anal canal or due to compression from surrounding organs. Apart from the pain there will be other symptoms associated with this problems which should be examined to ascertain a proper cause. I am thinking that you might be having anal fissures for that my advice is- Several lifestyle changes may help relieve discomfort and promote healing of an anal fissure, as well as prevent recurrences: Add fiber to your diet. Eating about 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day can help keep stools soft and improve fissure healing. Fiber-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. You also can take a fiber supplement. Adding fiber may cause gas and bloating, so increase your intake gradually. Drink adequate fluids. Fluids help prevent constipation. Exercise regularly. Engage in 30 minutes or more of moderate physical activity, such as walking, most days of the week. Exercise promotes regular bowel movements and increases blood flow to all parts of your body, which may promote healing of an anal fissure. Avoid straining during bowel movements. Straining creates pressure, which can open a healing tear or cause a new tear. Laxatives are used as needed to maintain regular bowel movements. Mineral oil may be added to facilitate passage of stool without as much stretching or abrasion of the anal mucosa, but it is not recommended for indefinite use. Sitz baths after bowel movements and as needed provide significant symptomatic relief because they relieve some of the painful internal sphincter muscle spasm...other modalities are consists of intra-anal application of 0.4% nitroglycerin (NTG; also called glycerol trinitrate) ointment directly to the internal sphincter..botulinum toxin usage...if no improvements surgery is the choice... Consult nearest surgeon they will help you.