Mentally disturbed

My brother is going through some mental problem,i dont know what exactly it is,stress,depression, OCD or something else.His studies and career is at risk because of the problem.we have gone through many rough family situations during our childhood and i know even that is responsible for his condition along with other factors.i understand his situation n even advice him and try to guide him in correct direction but he doesn't want to listen to me. If anyone could please help me get him out of this situation.-
views-icons 80 Views Bookmark this Answer

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, if you are of the belief that the mental health of your brother is suffering, then the next logical step is to consult a mental health specialist for assessment. A thorough assessment will correctly identify his problems and thereafter a management plan can be worked out. Your observation of linking his mental health to life stressors and events is correct, most scientific literature now believes mental health to be a biopsychosicial construct, where combination of biological, psychological, and socio-enviornmental factors contribute to mental health or mental illness. Hope this helps you.. Kindly seek a psychiatric consultation at the earliest near you.. Best wishes for you and your brother..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?