Mentally disturbed

I am always mentally disturbed. Had a big situation where i had to choose between love and family and then after that i am always disturbed.

Doctor Answers (2) on Mentally disturbed

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, It is a huge dilemma anyone could face in a changing culture like ours. It's hard to choose between the family's expectations & your own inclinations when it comes to a life partner. This is a choice which could cause tremendous discomfort & lot of unresolved emotions like shame, guilt, confusion, pressure of expectations, sense of betrayal etc. because on one hand your family is integral part of you and on the other hand your lover is the representation of your dreams for an understanding companion. Whichever choice you make, wouldn't work exactly as you expect in life, hence enhancing your negative thoughts & emotions. Once you could ease all this burden you are carrying, you will be in a position to implement your choice with absolute clarity. You also can be helped to manage the other side of dilemma better. Psychological counseling would be of great help in this situation to help you cross this junction with renewed confidence. Good Luck.
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I understand it can always be difficult when you have to choose between a girl and your family. Its not an easy decision and yet you want to be sure you do the right thing. However, you haven't described much in detail about the problem you are facing currently. But I can definitely suggest you to go for counseling as you clearly need to vent out your suppressed emotions. You need to get your head sorted and think with clarity. Counseling will help you learn coping skills and also find your strengths. So do not delay and get in touch with a psychologist. After making a full assessment of your situation a treatment plan can be devised. Hope this helps.