Mental stress

Hello doctor, I'm priyatharsini. I had an boyfriend in srilanka who have studied here in india up to last year. We have planned to marry but after finishing his course he went to srilanka. He told me that he will talk to his parents about me. He talked also but his parents didn't accept me because they are Muslim and too he is a only child so they want their son to get married as their wish. Next month he is gonna get engaged. Now I'm totally fed up I don't know what to do. He is not talking with me now. Even if I message him he is avoiding. Because of stress I'm getting chest pain also. I don't even know how to explain my feeling. Please guide me. Now I'm doing my 2nd year b.sc biotechnology.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mental stress

Dr. Soumitra Das Alappuzha | Psychiatrist
You need a practical solution. Will he come for you. Will he accept you. Will his family accept you. What do you want ? You want him to leave his family for you? Ask these to your self. Did u think about the impossibilities while getting engaged ? Did u not think that you would gonna suffer? Then , why this hue and cry? Be strong and accept or go and fight? U won't get any solution by seating in room and asking for help. You need to help your self . Try to make new relationship with friend and family .