Mental Depression
I'm unable to build relationships. Somehow unable to build relationships as a friend, relative or anyone with anyboby. I feel I'm becoming week mentally. Do I need psychotherapy?

Dr. Anjendra R Targe
Psychiatrist 7 yrs exp Pune

Hello, It is difficult to ascertain what kind of Psyciatric treatment you need, with the little information you have provided. Your inability to build relationships might be a reflection of a number of underlying factors, which need to be assessed in a detailed Psychiatric consultation. Psychiatry encompasses various forms of therapy, ranging from Psychoanalytic therapy which traces the root of problems from your childhood, to the other spectrum, which is Positive psychology. So a specialist, after a detailed discussion would devise a management strategy that is specific and best suited to your specific issues. Go for it. Seek professional opinion, in person. Feel free to ask if you any further quesries. Good Luck!