MenisucusTear
My wife had a Meniscus Tear in knee. After a week of complete bed rest, exercise and ice pack there is no pain and the swalling is also not there The doctor I consulted allowed her to start walking and allow to put pressure on the leg However at times while walking she feels as if the knee gets locked or jammed at a specific position, after a few seconds it becomes fine. Please suggest what could be the reason for this

Intermittent locking of knee after meniscus tear means means that the torn meniscus is obstructing the knee movements its better to get an MRI done n if meniscal tear is confirmed then go for arthroscopic meniscus repair or partial meniscectomy depending on the type of tear.
get an MRI
avoid sitting cross legged n avoid squatting
In my opinion you need to strengthen ur muscles around the knee like quadricesand hamstring muscle....knee gets jammed or locked because of muscular weakness.. you need to do isometric quadriceps knee bending and extension vmo strengthening, ankle toe movements...for 1st 2weeks... after your knee starts bending start with leg lift with weights...take care get well soon...
Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Physiotherapy treatment for jammed knee and strength exercises in gradually process
Consult a Physiotherapist as soon as possible in your area. Strengthening exercises for a definite period of time would help for sure.
My opinion is to strengthen your muscles (specially quadriceps and hamstrings) which supports the knee joint before strting the walk.
consult me or any physiotherapist for initial guidance
Hi.... The treatment for a meniscus tear causing problems such as knee lock up, pain and swelling is arthroscopic surgery. Every effort is made to save as much of the meniscus as possible. In acute, fresh tears the meniscus is frequently repaired with sutures placed arthroscopically. In longstanding tears or chronic tears some or most of the meniscus is removed, trying to save as much of it as possible.... Consult orthopedician.....