Memory and interaction

His memory is not good according to his age. I tell him a sentence so many times but can't write down that. He learn verbally but written work is not done. He feels fear when he talks to someone. Please suggest me something. I am so worried about his future. Please please please do something.

Doctor Answers (3) on Memory and interaction

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Was he like  this not willing to write right from LKG?!
If so, no worries.  Maybe your  child is facing difficulty in writing!!
If you can  consult a special Educator in your city at this early age itself , there is 100% chances for him to handle  all these issues earlier.
Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Dear Parent,

If his verbal memory is good, problem he is facing while writing need not be a memory issue. Though we all look similar to a great extent , need not be built similarly inside.

I can see how much effort you have been putting in towards his studies & his well-being. However these efforts would not give any results till you get an understanding of the root cause behind his inability to write down things, which he would have comprehended verbally. All these efforts though not intended, seem to be having a negative effect on his self-esteem & confidence level because he can see that he isn't able to write properly even after receiving so much help. He has started to to be scared of people around him out of the fear of being pointed out or judged for something he hasn't been doing intentionally.

End of the day, you would want the best for your child. So take actions in that direction. Take him to a trained professional & find out if there are any learning issues. Efforts in right direction shall help him reach his true potential.

Please remember that whatever the issue is, it comes with a solution and what is needed from your end is to just reach out for it, the way you have done now.

Good Luck..!!

You have not provided with his birth and milestones details . Is he able to sit at one place for longer duration of time.? If he has more problems in his written work and if he performs better if asked orally he could be having learning difficulty.  Also difficulty to retain information could be because of  attention deficit.
I suggest you consult a psychiatrist to rule out ADHD and Learning disability