chest-icon

May i exercise

I am in tb treatment from 3 months. My doctor said i improved very well. But my doc also said i have slightly asthama. if there is no problem now may i continue my running exercise?

Doctor Answers (3) on May i exercise

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well you can continue with your exercises... ashtma will aggrevate only when you've been exposed to allergens...you can run...you don't strain yourself as your Lung function will be compromised because of both tb as well as ashtma...but since the treatment is goin on...it's good that you have adhered to the treatment....continue the treatment...thank you
Dr. Rama S.K Pune | Internal Medicine
Start with breathing exercises like blowing balloon ...then think of running
Dr. Anirban Deb Kolkata | Pulmonologist
It's better you clarify from your doctor: whether you need any specific treatment for asthma now & in case of any problem how to tackle it. With proper treatment there is no problem in running. You should continue your TB treatment as it has nothing to do with asthma.