Maximum days for Viral

Good Evening Doctor!!! My son having fever from last 7 days and blood test done on 11 Nov and its has symptoms of Viral. And on 7th day his fever is 100.8 and he is on medicine Pacimol, Rantac and Allegra In How many days viral cure? Thanks in advance Regards

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Viral fevers last for a maximum of 7 days. And usually subsides later. What were the reports of the blood test which you got done. I think this issue should be investigated and the diagnosis of viral fever should be trashed. Kindly consult a good paediatrician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

Usually viral fever takes maximum 7 days.  It not consult your doctor again
Dr. Rama S.K
General Physician 15 yrs exp Pune
Fever for more than 1 week despite antipyretics need to be a matter of concern as most viral fever subsides its own within 5 to 7 days Need to do widal test..cxr...hemogram..urine routine test to rule out other causes of fever as fever is having prolonged course