Lower Back Pain

Since last few weeks my aunt has severe lower back pain when she takes long deep breaths. She has been diagnosed with thyroid 3 years ago and currently on medication for that, thyroid 50. What can be the reason behind her back pain?

Doctor Answers (2) on Lower Back Pain

Symptoms u told shows dt it is definitely related to spine.it may b intervertebral disc prolapse or herniation or degeneration n more. Try homeopathic medicine bryonia 1m 5 drops thrice a day fr 4 daz. And than Hypericum 1m thrice a day for 4 daz. She l definitely need excercises of back. But only physiotherapy or exercise cnt give cure. We will hav to wrk on d cause nd dt is weak intervertebral disc. We hav to make it strong from our homeopathic medicines.
The reason could be inflammation of the back & this inflammation could be a disc prolapse or just over strain of back muscles. There might be tenderness as well. In long breaths / coughing / sneezing, the intra abdominal pressure increases, which intern pushes the spinal area (disc) where there is pain .Thus an MRI might be required to confirm this. Rarely this could also come due to faulty breathing patterns. Again we have to assess where exactly the pain is! Centre or side. If the pain is very high, that too in the middle of spine then I will suggest to meet an ortho, if it's less then meet any good Physio who can assess & treat muscles of breathing & core. Good luck.