Lower back pain

Hi, I have lower back pain since many weeks.It pains the most when i bend and also when sneezing. While trying to get up after sitting for a while i am not able to straighten my back for sometime. Please suggest something. Thanks, Priya
views-icons 65 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Harisha N L

Ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working or sitting or walking....Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water...Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight...Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down....Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement...take over the counter pain medications.. Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Here are a few things that you can do at home which might be beneficial for you. 1. Have a high protein and calcium rich diet. 2. Get adequate sun exposure that is, sun exposure for 20 minutes with 20 percent of the body surface area exposed before 1 everyday. This would give you adequate anount of vitamin D3. 3. Tab. Supracal pro once a day for 1 month and tab. D3 must 60k once every week for 4 weeks. 4. Do some stretching and core strengthening exercises everyday. Suryanamaskar if you can do. 5. Consult a orthopedician for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Manju Lihala
General Physician 36 yrs exp Kolkata

May be you are having muscular spasms . You need to see a doctor who can examine you and advise as to what needs to be done. It is not possible to advise without examining.