diabetes-icon

Low testosterone

I had low testosterone(181 ng/dl), I went to the doctor and he asked me to take testosterone injections. I took four of them once a week. Then the test was done again. The level rose to 212 ng/dl which is not a significant increment. Also the first test was done at 6 pm and other at 10 am. My doctor has asked me to take more injections. I want a suggestion whether I should continue with it. My SGPT also rose to 112 due to this as said by the liver specialist.

Doctor Answers (1) on Low testosterone

Dr. Sameer Sahay Pune | Diabetologist
The question is why were you tested for testosterone. What is the disease you face? The injections will only help temporarily, so they can help you get over a temporary problem. For most indications it can be taken once a month. Moreover testosterone testing requires knowledge of how it should be tested, for example you need SHBG level with it or a free testosterone level in isolation. But this would be as per the relevant clinical scenario. So quite frankly you need to treat the problem systematically and not the testosterone level alone. Please get your treatment reviewed. Regards