Low level of vitamin B12

I am diagnosed with low level of vitamin B12. 72Pg/ml. What should I do to bring it back? As I am having back pains and shoulder pains, also due to this I feel dizzy sometimes. Is it related to low level of B12?

Doctor Answers (2) on Low level of vitamin B12

A low level of vitamin B 12 at a young age ( yr age shown 23 yrs) is definitely abnormal. Vitamin B 12 is a very important water soluble required for growth and normal functioning of our brain , nerves & blood cells of the body. we get it through our food and it cannot be synthesized by our body. It is only found in Nonvegeterian foods or in diary products like milk butter etchings. so those who only eat vegetarian good are more vulnerable to develop its deficiency. You can not get it from vegetables or fruits. In your case following measurescare advised Take sufficientbnonvegeterian food, if you are a vegeterian then take sufficient amount of milk and milk products Take vitamin B 12 supplementation. Take vitamin preparations which contains very high amount of Vitamin B 12. Neurobione forte contain very low amout of vitamin B 12 ,better take some other preparation containing high B12 level Get anti parietal cell antibody done. it is a blood test done in blood samples If your anti parietal antibody test is positive , it suggests of defective absorption of vitamin B12 from your gut . so you will need vitamin B12 injection
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
hello there. yes it is related. have lots of vegetables and fruits. green leafy vegetables are also a must. along with all this, take a multivitamin supplement like neurobion forte one tablet daily for 2 months. gradually the levels will increase and all your symptoms will subside regards