Lichen planus on limbs
I'm having extensive linear lichen planus, grade J, on my left leg since many years. In last 1 year, it has surfaced on my right leg as well in the form of nodes at random areas and also on the left arm as small nodal clusters. Please advise how to treat them. Thanks

Dr. Jeetendra Khatuja
Dermatologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi,Lichen plants is am autoimmune disease which takes 1-2 years to resolve completely.Apply halobet s ointment on hard nodules twice daily.This will reduce itching n size of nodules.Though dark spots take long time to go.Get your routine blood test done hb,cbc,serum lft, rft, blood sugar fasting and send the reports so that we can start oral medicines for faster clearance.all the best.