Left side lower back pain
I am experiencing severe lower back pain on the left side during night time since 6 months. I experience more severe pain even if I walk ,run,dance or drive. I used to drive nearly 40km a day before this. My height is 5'4 and my weight is 62. I have hypothyroidism since 7 years and was being treated on it regularly. I could not even walk or stand when the pain is severe. Generally it gets relieved if I sleep for the entire night on a soft bed. It gets worse if I sleep on floor or hard surface. During the day I rarely experience any pain but I could feel the sensitivity in my back when I run or jump. Please help me with my problem.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

You have to consult a Neurosurgeon for clinical examination Specifically to check the muscle power, sensation, reflexes, SLR test and pulses
Dr. Harisha N L

Most probable reason of lower back pain is spine disc herniation. Especially if the pain radiates to the leg and travels through buttock...If you have also frequent urinating, burning while urinating, kidney infection can give back pain as well...For spine diagnostics, MRI is necessary...Ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working or sitting or walking....Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water...Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight...Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down....Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement...take over the counter pain medications.. Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.