Left Lower Jaw bone cyst

I have a jaw bone cyst of szie 80x30x20 mm. Never had any trauma. Got an xray for wisdom teeth and got to know about the cyst. Got a biopsy done and it's a cyst (not malignant and not ameloblastoma) Doctor is suggesting a surgery where he'll first do root canal for 3 teeth to preserve them (if not done, he will have to remove the teeth and add implants later). After the root canal, he'll remove the cyst and add bone graft. I will be hospitalised for 3-4 days and then will have to take rest for a month. The swelling will be visible for 3 months after the surgery. Bone will take around 8-9 months to grow. I have to get regular OPGs after the surgery. One every six months to check if the cyst is growing back or not. I am getting the surgery done in Bangalore. And then will fly back to Hyderabad for resting for a month or so. I want to know when I can fly back to Hyderabad after the surgery. How many days should I wait after getting discharged from the Hospital.

Doctor Answers (2) on Left Lower Jaw bone cyst

Hi..usually these are not very big surgeries. Three days following surgery is sufficient to get discharged. Remaining one week is required for rest and stiches removal.Next one week evaluation from surgeon. So overall three weeks in same city. After this you can go wherever you want. Regards
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...., after your surgery you will be dircharged in 2 days...If general anesthesia was used the 3 days... There will be discomfort in the operated area, for which you will be prescribed with pain relievers.. Do not vigorously rinse out your mouth during the first 24 hours.... you should eat soft foods, gradually returning to your usual diet once your jaw feels more comfortable. You may have some facial swelling, bruising, pain or jaw stiffness for up to two weeks.... Follow the instructions given by your operating surgeon....