Large Cavity in tooth

Hi, I have a cavity in one of the upper tooth. I went on to see two dentists . Both after taking X ray, one advised me go for Root Canal treatment and other told me that root canal cannot be done as there is some damage done in the root of the tooth. Could I please get suggestion as what should I go for. Is there any risk for going Root Canal if the root is damaged. Or the only option is to for extraction and then implantation.
views-icons 110 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (6) on Large Cavity in tooth

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there...ideally if there is some problem with the root ...then root canal treatment will not be successful...but better if u can post some X-ray... Take care...!!
as there is difference of an opinion,in this situation No one can give u suggestion unless u post some xray and photo of your tooth. If caries has damaged root, restoration with cap can become difficult so better is to extract and implant. If not damaged and RCT is possible, go for RCT and capping.
Dr. Shruti Agarwal Kolkata | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
As per your query rct are very safe procedure but an xray asssessment is mandatory to see if rct is viable ,usually a clinical check up do give an idea Also if u cud post ur xray clarity can be achieved
Hi..if the root is damaged then even if you do root canal, it won't stay for long time. Better go for extraction followed by implant if root canal is not possible. Regards
Hi if there is any possibility go for rct if it fails option of extraction is always there...if u can post pic of the x ray done will be of great help to comment..best of luck take care
Dental Surgeon
Root Canal Therapy or RCT is always a better option than going in for implants if the tooth can be salvaged....RCT is one of the most safe procedures in dentistry,so if possible then more weightage has to be given to it....but if tooth can't be salvaged, then bridge-work or implants, whichever your dentist finds appropriate according to your condition is to be undertaken....