Large boil on buttock
Hi, I've developed a slightly large and a sort of painful boil (dark pink to red in colour) on my right buttock. Normally I would not have bothered about it, however I will be traveling overseas in a week (for about 25 days) and I would definitely not want this to aggravate to something more painful/serious. What can I do to treat it as soon as possible? Any useful ointment / external application?

Dr. Anshul Jain
Dermatologist 11 yrs exp Nagpur
It is folliculitis
Wash the concern part with soap-water, pat dry and apply fudic cream 2 times daily. Pls visit a dermatologist for further management.
Dr. Sidaarth Khera
Boil or folliculitis in buttock area is normally painful and requires a course of oral antibiotics and incision drainage in cases of abscess. Pls visit a dermatologist near you for examination.