Lack of concentration

I work in a corporate company. Recently I felt I have concentration issues. Am not able to focus on my task for a long time. Also, I feel drowsy during the day. This concentration problem is causing my performance to reduce at work. Would I be needing some medication? Which kind of doctor should I visit? Thanks in advance.
views-icons 30 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Lack of concentration

doctor profile image
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
7 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, thanks for sharing your concern. Have you been eating and sleeping well? Did you face such issues when you were studying as well? You should visit a psychologist first as you would be need to be assessed thoroughly before recommending any sort of medication. However, it doesn't sound like you would need any medicines as of now considering this hasn't been going on for long. Visit a counselor soon so that further treatment plan can be discussed.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?