Knee strugle after ACL
My knee wont straighten after 4-weeks of ACL reconstruction surgery. There is swell in knee, calf and also in the foot which is making me struggle if i try to walk.. and it pains.. i do know its because of the swell. But my real concern is about my knee.. my current knee bending angle is set to 60'. I can bend a little more without much struggle.. but i cannot straighten it out completely.. is it because of the swell or will it become permanent it not looked at immediately..?

Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Noida

Tk physiotherapy help  for few days
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
General Physician 21 yrs exp Noida

Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the knee against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Nataraj H M
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Dear patient, usually by 4weeks after ACL reconstruction patients are up and about without much restriction of day to day activities with full straightening.. There might be an associated injury along with ACL test..
If u can share MRI and discharge summary we can opine regarding it
follow instructions given by ur operating surgeon till then since he is having much better understanding of ur knee right now..