Knee pain while walking

I'm 22 years old and I'm spinal AVM patient. I'm on recovery from 4 years. But my recovery in going very slow. Since 2 months I'm feeling pain in my right knee while walking with walker. It suddenly bends while walking. I feel an involuntary movement in my knee. I'm confused to whom I should consult. I took an appointment with neuro surgeon but they said that I should consult orthopedist. Kindly please help.

Doctor Answers (3) on Knee pain while walking

Dr. Hitin Mathur Noida | Orthopedist
Hi, this is Dr Hitin Mathur, Orthopaedics surgeon from Fortis C Doc Hospital, New Delhi. Welcome to Practo. It seems that you are having instability in the knee and giving way. This can arise either due to weakness of muscles or tear in one of the Ligaments in the knee. A good clinical examination of the knee is mandatory to find the cause. X rays of both knees AP and lateral views will also be helpful. So either you can see me or any orthopaedic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.
Please consult a Neurosurgeon
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there it us sad that you had to go through such pain in such a young age and it is unfortunate. Do not worry you will surely recover. As you said it is a case of Neuro surgery nut they clearly said that you should consult a orthopedician. There intent was to rule.out something else just make up yourselves and consult one. Thank you