Knee bone gap

Can any doctor help me n tell me what are the treatment methods for gap in the bones of knee... Or can gap between the knee bones will be filled by wearing knee cap on regular basis.. What r the benefits of wearing knee caps in knee bone Gap situation...

Doctor Answers (4) on Knee bone gap

Dr. Deepak Relhan Delhi | Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist for Stroke
The gap in knee joint reduce. With knee support like knee cap etc only support to the surrounding knee musculature can be given, it has no link with gap in knee joint. The gap in knee joint cannot be increased. The only solution for knee pain is 7 to 15 days of Physiotherapy treatment + knee support like knee cap. Thereafter continue strengthening exercises of knee musculature at home as home exercise program.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the knee against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Sandip Gupta Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
There is no gap in the knee but what is seen as a gap is actually cartilage. Cartilage gets worn out with age and the gap seen on Xray is reduced. The treatment for this is medicines Physio therapy intraarticular injection or surgery depending on the stage of the disease.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
I guess you are speaking about decreased gap...there is no benefit of wearing knee cap if gap is decreased...It's a degenerative bone disease...There’s no cure for osteoarthritis as yet, but there are a number of treatments that can help ease symptoms and reduce the chances arthritis becoming worse...options are analgesics, NSAIDs,intraosseous steroid injection and hyaluronic acid injections,Physiotherapy like strengthening exercises etc ... Treatment depends upon the stage...I would suggest you to consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful