Gap in Spinal cord
My Mother had a minor accident some 2 years and because of which she has developed a gap in her spinal area.Now whenever she stands or walks a little it starts to pain, and she already has pain in her legs which was there even before the accident.She is quite healthy and because of that the pressure on her legs increases and she experiences numbness as soon as she stands and walks.The main problem is the gap in her spine area and numbness in her legs when she stands out of which the problem in spine is the main concern for me.We have already consulted so many doctors,physiotherapists,surgeons but nothing is working out.she is going through a lot of pain when walking, earlier she used to walk atleast a little but now because of numbness in legs nad pain in the spinal area she's not even walking a little.Can you suggest what can we do best to treat her and heal her. Thanks :)
3784 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Hello It can be because of nerve compression due to disc bulging, she needs to take rest and a graded spinal exercises will help, but all depends on her pain responses, accordingly the exercise will vary. Spinal traction can be applied to reduce the pressure over the disc it may take longer time to recover Thank you Regards
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Spinal cord disc dislocation Blood supply of spinal cord Treatment for spinal cord injuries
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.