Kidney Stones

I have been recently diagnosed with a 7.5 mm stone in the upper ureteric area and multiple calculi measuring 4-6 mm in both the kidneys. I have had a history of stone formation and have earlier passed out 6-7 mm stones which were in the mid ureteric area. I have also undergone urteroscopy about 5 years back to get a 10 mm stuck stone removed. I wanted an advice as to what is the probability of his 7.5 mm stone passing out either itself or through medication. If not, what is the best procedure to get it removed? Will lithotripsy work?
views-icons 58 Views 5 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Satish Sawale
Sexologist 17 yrs exp Nashik

Though it's unfortunate but it happens ur Metabolism has tendency to reoccur k stone. Now Avapidak sneha will really add benefit so consult AYURVEDIC Dr or college Hospital in ur city
Dr. Suresh Radhakrishnan
Urologist 3 yrs exp Chennai
Hi There is only about 20% chance that the stone might pass out by itself as it is in upper ureteric area and larger than 5 mm. If the stone is visible on plain xray then you can attempt to have ESWL. If you opt to wait then you can try tamsulosin along with ibuprofen/naproxen/diclofenac which will increase stone passage rate. If you develop fever or pain is increasing then opt for surgery -ureteroscopy and stone fragmentation. I would advice not to wait for more than 4-6 weeks.