Kidney stone

I was diagnosed with 5mm Kidney stone in my left kidney pipe last week. First I had to go through ultrasound a clearer image didn't came up. Then the doc suggested CT scan under which it was diagnosed. I am taking Alopathic medicine for last 1 week. And taking lots of fluids. I feel normal and fit now. But doc said if in 1 week the stone troubles or is not dissolved I'll have to go for laser treatment. My question is that is it necessary to go for operation? If it's not dissolved till date can't I go for homeopathic or Cystone by Himalaya. My Serum Crestinine report says: 1.2 mg (Reference Value: 0.7-1.4) Also I want to know the cause of stone formation? Can intake of protein shake supplement and pre-workouts cause kidney stone?

Doctor Answers (1) on Kidney stone

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, most of the drinking heavy water will allow you to pass 5mm of stone, yes you need to get follow up scan after 1 week to see whether stone has passed, in more than 90% it will pass, if it has not passed then yes you need to undergo manual remove, don't worry it is not major surgery, yes taking protein supplements and mineral supplements will predispose to stone formations, you need to drink more than 3 litres of water to avoid that. Please continue allopathic treatment.