Kidney stone

For past three days i had mild pain in abdomen so my general physician prescribed to take a scan in abdomen and i took the scan.The scan report says that i have a calculi of 4.5cm in left kidney but i dont have any severe symptoms for it and my doctor too told that the abdominal pain cannot be correlated with kidney stone. Should i start treatment or not?

Doctor Answers (1) on Kidney stone

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. A lot of things can cause pain in abdomen and one of them is calculi i.e., stone anywhere in the urinary tract. since you have got a ultrasound done and it reveals a urinary calculi, the pain is most likely due to that itself. also i was wondering how you don't have symptoms despite have such a big stone. 4.5 cms is a huge stone to have. i think you meant 4.5mm. anyways, its most likely due to the stone itself. consult a general surgeon regarding this for further help. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain